New Version 2.0 (04 september/2010)
This application can extract the album art embedded in the music files in a iPod, and create the necessary files to display album art correctly in RockBox.
RockBox supports Album Art but with some limitations like described in his wiki page AlbumArt.
Between the limitations are that does not support Embedded album art, only external image files in BMP or JPG format.
This application is addressed to make easy the visualization of album art in Rockbox. It reads the iPod database to find music files then it does the folowing actions:
- Scan and extract album art from music files.
- Resize the albums extracted.
- Convert the format to bmp or jpg.
- Move the file converted to a folder in the iPod (or any other location).
The album art files are stored in iPod_Control\Music\ folder in the iPod by default.
The following characters will be replaced with an underscore (_) in the filename: \ / : < > ? * |. Double quotes will be replaced by singlequotes.
Now you can see album art displayed in RockBox, and use PictureFlow to visualize albums.
It needs .NET framework 2.0+ to run (can be downloaded from here: .NET Framework 2.0 Service Pack 1 (x86)).
This app uses SharePodLib and TagLib#.
2.0 - 04 september 2010
- Update TagLib# version to 22.214.171.124.
- When option Use .rockbox/albumart format is checked, it looks first for albumartist tag and if it doesn't exist, then uses artist tag.
- Added option to use original album art size.
- Include support for JPG output format, as well as BMP.
- New layout.
- Added option for overwrite Album Art file if already exists.
- Doesn't need to generate temp files anymore, it saves directly the final Album Art in the location desired.
- Enhanced example of filename output.
- Include support for .m4a files.
- Bugfix: "include artist name in filename" was not working properly.
- Added a detailed log of errors found while processing files.
- Added an option to include [artist] in filename.
- Minor changes to layout and UI.
- Added an option to change the final location by user.
- Added an option to include size in filename or not.
- Added an option to change the size of picture files generated (between 10 and 500 pixels).
- Change the filenames of picture files to albumtitle.sizexsize.bmp, and final location to iPod_Control\Music\ to make it ready for PictureFlow.
- Minor improvements to layout and interface.
- Initial release.