New version 2.1 (08 august/10)
This application can extract the album art embedded in music files, and create the necessary files to display album art correctly in RockBox.
If you have an iPod, you can take a look at iPod Album Art Extracter for RockBox.
RockBox supports Album Art but with some limitations like described in his wiki page AlbumArt.
Between the limitations are that does not support Embedded album art, only external image files in BMP or JPG format.
This application is addressed to make easy the visualization of album art in Rockbox. It scan music files and extract, convert and save album art in a external file, just what Rockbox needs.
The following characters will be replaced with an underscore (_) in the filename of the AlbumArt file generated, : \ / : < > ? * |. Double quotes will be replaced by singlequotes.
Now you can see album art displayed in RockBox, and use PictureFlow to visualize albums.
- In Windows it needs .NET framework 2.0+ to run (can be downloaded from here: .NET Framework 2.0 Service Pack 1 (x86)).
- In Linux it needs Mono Runtime 2.0+ to run (can be downloaded from here: Mono 2.0)
This app uses TagLib#.
2.1 - 08 august 2010
- Update TagLib# version to 22.214.171.124
- When the location is .rockbox/albumart foder, it looks first for albumartist tag and if it doesn't exist, then uses artist tag.
- Update TagLib# version to 126.96.36.199.
- Include support for JPG output format, as well as BMP.
- Support for ALL locations and conventions which Rockbox looks for Album Art.
- New layout.
- Added option for overwrite Album Art file if already exists.
- Doesn't need to generate temp files anymore, it saves directly the final Album Art in the location desired.
- Enhanced example of filename output.
- Include support for .m4a files.
- Now doesn't create .rockbox/albumart directory without asking, instead you must choose it.
- Bug fix: Doesn't recognize file extensions in upper case.
- Now it works in Linux with Mono Runtime libraries!!
- Added a detailed log of errors found while processing files.
- Added an option to include [artist] in filename.
- Minor changes to layout and UI.
- Initial release.